Construction & Demolition
Construction and demolition (C&D) waste is one of the five priority, non-residential solid waste streams identified by P²AD and DCA during a landfill survey. Therefore, P²AD has tried to quantify, characterize, and develop a plan for reducing and recycling construction and demolition debris in Georgia.
More than 1.9 million tons of C&D were disposed of in C&D landfills in Georgia in FY 1999. There were 32 C&D landfills in Georgia in FY 1999. (Source: Georgia Environmental Protection Division, July 1999.)
- Planning Guide from EPA. Managing Your Environmental Responsibilities: A Planning Guide for Construction and Development.
- New Scrap Wallboard.
- Guidelines for On-site Use of New Scrap Wallboard in Georgia Residential Construction (PDF, 125KB)
- Fact sheet for On-site Beneficial Use of New Scrap Wallboard in Georgia Residential Construction (PDF, 205KB)
- Ground Wood Waste. Fact sheet for On-site Reuse of Ground Wood Waste from Georgia Residential Construction (PDF, 112KB)
- Renovations. Fact sheet on Reduction, Reuse and Recycling of Wastes from Renovations (PDF, 85KB)
- Salvage Centers. Fact sheet on Reuse and Salvage Centers for Construction Managers (PDF, 60KB)
- C&D Recyclers. Construction and Demolition (C&D) Recyclers in Georgia (PDF, 8KB)
- C&D Activities & Programs
- Asphalt shingle recycling
- Waste audits
- Residential construction waste management roundtable
- Military C&D activities and resources
- Greenprints conference and tradeshow
- C&D Publications