Green Hotels in Georgia | How Can I Green My Property? | Partnership for a Sustainable Georgia | Fats, Oils and Grease | EPA Energy Star for Hospitality
P²AD can help your hospitality business “green” its operations, resulting in cost savings and attracting new business.
What is “green?”
Green businesses integrate environmental conservation and operational efficiency practices into their daily business operations. Areas commonly addressed include:
- Reducing water consumption
- Reducing wastewater generation
- Reducing energy consumption
- Reducing solid waste generation
- Minimizing environmental impacts through purchasing less toxic products, products with less packaging, and products with recycled content.
Why should my hospitality business bother?
Going green allows your business to see the following benefits:
- Lower waste management costs
- Lower operational/labor costs
- Improved operational efficiency
- Improved employee morale
- Improved image
- New opportunities to be recognized as a good corporate citizen locally, statewide, and nationally
- Ability to meet the growing customer demand for green
What sectors of the hospitality can see these benefits?
- Lodging properties
- Restaurants and other food service providers
- Theme parks/amusement sites
- State parks
- Convention centers